The traditional methods of disinfection like soap water cleaning, spirit- UV based sanitizers, and other forms have been around for a long time in our hospitals and will continue to be so but they often miss harmful organisms. UV-C disinfection and UV based sanitizers method, on the other hand, has been tried and tested under various conditions and it was found that UV-C can neutralize 99% of all pathogens. Moreover, it offers a plethora of benefits making it one of the strongest contenders for a new wave of disinfection in our hospitals.
Let us look at some of the reasons why hospitals are switching to UV based sanitizers –
- UV Light Disinfection is Non-Toxic: The first and most important benefit of using UV-C sanitizing lies in the fact that it is an eco-friendly, physical process and not a chemical one. It is very safe to use on food as well as non-food items, preventing one to suffer the ill-effects of fumes, toxins, and other chemicals.
- Wide Application: Another important benefit of the UV-C disinfection method is that it is an expert at slaughtering a wide range of disease-causing microorganisms like many viruses, harmful bacteria, spores, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), E.coli and more. This solution is one of the most effective and safest to sanitize the COVID-19 virus. It does not require any physical contact and cleans both air and surfaces, thus significantly reducing the chances of acquiring an infection. But, other disinfectants may not, since most of them are wet methods of sanitizing leaving a damp environment for fungi to grow. That’s why hospitals are switching to UV based sanitizers nowadays.
- Quick: This is the another reason behind the popularity of UV based sanitizers and UVC disinfection systems. Unlike liquid cleaning agents, no contact with the surface or device is required when sanitizing with the UV-C disinfection method, which means there is no downtime after sterilization. The area or equipment can be used immediately after disinfection which poses a great advantage in hospitals where every second matters. Being a physical method, it offers a great advantage of eliminating the pathogens (in a matter of a few minutes) from its roots not allowing them to develop any kind of immunity.
- Convenient and Efficient: People sometimes assume that UV-C technology is an expensive method but that is not the case. One time investment in the UV-C disinfection and UV based sanitizers method turns out to be ridiculously economical in the long run as it does not require any on-going maintenance or additional labor cost because the unit works autonomously.
- Safe for Human Beings: Most people believe that all forms of UV light are harmful to human beings and UV-C is sometimes associated with sunburn. But it should be noted that with proper care, it is one of the most advanced tools we have, to combat some of the deadliest diseases known to man.
The biggest takeaway is that the UV-C disinfection method can protect your guests, save staff time and effort, result in huge savings for the hospitals and overall offer a high-value proposition to the customers.